Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow Friday: The We Tree Genealogy Blog

 Thank you Amy... I stumbled across your genealogy blog while looking for something else.

Amy had published an entry on "crossing the pond" and discovering her ancestor's birth record in Luxembourg's  That entry on Luxembourg genealogy (http://wetree.blogspot.com/search/label/Luxembourg) provided me with a helpful hint. I had forgotten that Luxembourg's civil registrations (as well as vital records) are available on FamilySearch.org. Only the civil registration has images - and, as browse only, it's a slog - but if I get through the 1400 + images for my ancestor's hometown, I may be able to start verifying his family. It'll be a great way to backtrace the children who "disappeared" before the trip to the United States. Thanks for the reminder!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the mention!

    FamilySearch adds to the Luxembourger civil registration collections periodically, so subscribe to their updates to see if and when new towns and records have been added.

    ReplyDelete