Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sentimental Sunday: Sharing those Special Family Objects

   One of my favorite parts of researching my Luxembourger family has been finding out about those photos, valentines, furniture, and more that have ended up with other branches of the family tree. In families of eight or more kids, objects given to one child tend to end up across the country within a generation or two. Doing research has allowed me to rediscover them. There's nothing more touching than seeing an ancestor's valentine to her parents - circa the late 1800s.
    I've been very lucky in finding the family members who own these items and are willing to share them - via digital images. I've started by contacting people posting out on my family on message boards and Find A Grave. I also check out Ebay. Sometimes family items appear there. Yet there's a lot I haven't found.
   I'd love to see a "Lost and Found" specifically for Luxembourger family items. I'll have to create one one day!


1 comment:

  1. How lucky you are to have found family items on EBAY! You have a wonderful idea about the family lost and found. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete