Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sentimental Sunday: A Follow-up to Ignoring My "Ethnic" Traditions

     I play with my business webpage and blogs on a regular basis, so I often ask myself two question: why am I doing this and what do I hope to accomplish? For my Connecticut research, my goals mirror that of a lot of genealogists: I love research and want to make it a part of my life; I love putting puzzles together; and I truly believe I have skills I can share. My Luxembourger research is a little bit different: I'm not putting together any new research on my line (due to a generational quirk, my immigrant ancestor and I are relatively close), I only speak and read French and English, and frankly, I'm more dependent on other people for this research than I want to admit.
   So, why do I do this? I have a few reasons. Generationally, my closest "non-American" ties are to Luxembourg. That makes it big - and very unfamiliar - part of my heritage. I feel like I should at least understand how my family got to where it stood. Second, I want to learn... Third, maybe, just maybe, I can teach someone else in the process.
   In the meantime, thank you for your patience as I learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment