Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tech Tuesday: Script Tutorials and interpreting old handwriting

   I read French - and at that rate I'm going I might learn German, too - but one of the biggest challenges for me is interpreting older handwriting styles. If you've ever stumbled across a double ff in older English documents, you know what I mean. Read ff wrong, and you're liable to end up with a new word. BYU has established a website that should be of some help. Script Tutorials covers older alphabets for a variety of different languages. While French is still in the works, English and German are well-developed. Click on German, and you'll discover a list of common words, samples of Gothic handwriting and more. When you feel ready to actually read, this site will be a huge help.

No comments:

Post a Comment