Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tech Tuesday: Online Tourism Videos as "Virtual Visits"

    Normally, I'm not a big fan of tourism videos. The Connecticut promotional ads have recently been critiqued for showing you pretty pictures of the state but not telling you where or what anything is. And the critique was accurate. However, when I haven't been to the place, I start to appreciate the "pretty pictures" a lot more.
    While I have been to my family's "ancestral village" (or at least region) in Luxembourg and the country's capital, I missed visiting most of the country. Promotional videos produced by Luxembourg's tourist office on the Luxembourg.lu site have provided me with at least a glimpse of what I missed. The videos are more than slightly eclectic, but I found the "pretty pictures" worth the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment