Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sentimental Sunday: Favorite Family Pets

   In looking for a photo of one of my Luxembourger ancestors recently (yes, my photo storage needs help), I stumbled across a photo of another g-great with the family horse. It's become the family joke: "the horse that will live forever." We know nothing about him - except his name, which one of the descendants marked on the back of the photo.
  It makes me wonder what role this horse played in the family's life. Obviously he was important enough that the ancestor was willing to have the photographer haul his equipment out into a field for a photo. He probably was a major source of their farm labor. But I can only guess.
  What family pets have you "kept" as part of your genealogy? What roles do you think they played?

No comments:

Post a Comment