Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tech Tuesday: New FamilySearch Database for Luxembourg Research

 Thanks to Julie Cahill Tarr for introducing me to a new Luxembourg research database on FamilySearch. I'll let you visit her blog for more details, since she explains things better than I ever can!
  I'm looking forward to finding out more about my family. They should appear on the 1851 census, but I have yet to find them listed in their commune. It's definitely going to require some patience. I've gone through 136 pages and have more to go. What am I hoping to find? Not too much, as I already have the family's marriage and birth records. I would like to know which of the family's children are still alive in 1851. (I suspect we had a few cases of infant mortality.) I'd also like to know my ancestor's occupation. I'm pretty sure it was farmer... but here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment